Monday 9 February 2009

Exam for teaspoon drink feeding - all passed!

Well success today ... now the whole family can offer our mother a drink (thickened) & this includes Janice, our Healer .. who gives my Ma & me! so much support - spiritual, wise words and massages etc So now I can get a little relief by not having to be there twice a day.

Our volunteer visitor, Hilary, turned up .. she was fine and at least was able to meet Janice & said she'd soon come again. I told my Ma & she remembered her: amazing this memory. Mum was discussing the flowers with my younger brother, who wasn't much interested I regret to say, and remarked about the anemones coming from Israel .. so she doesn't forget!!

Mum wanted to ask the Speech & Language therapist about my diet!! I said she was really there for you, Ma, ... well she's concerned I'm not eating properly (I am - probably better than most!!) and wanted me to get it sorted as it might help my tiredness ... saying she couldn't do much to help .. but she wanted to put her spoke in!! Bless her! - but I obviously can't say why I'm so exhausted .. that wouldn't be fair?

Then she asked if I'd seen Granny & Grandpa .. I explained that Granny died in 1972 or thereabouts .. and Grandpa in early 1923!! So you see we do cover a lot of ground .. & I really do need my wits about me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be forevery your mother's little girl! How sweet. Jacques

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Hilary, your mother is still your mother, she will always worry over you. It helps her to feel useful to you. She feel helpless and not needed. You are a good daughter to her we can tell that. You have a lot on your plate, worry can take a lot out you. Do look out for your own health as well. If you get sick who is their to care for those in need.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Anonymous said...

That must be very hard when she asked about "Granny & Grandpa" What should one say to that ...

Thanks for opening your heart up to all of us.
Giovanna Garcia
Imperfect Action is better than No Action

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jacques .. thanks - yes Mum does still 'look' after me .. and I am extremely touched.

Thanks for your support - Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Dan & Deanna .. thanks for your thoughts - luckily I've always been healthy & I do take care of myself .. 07/08 was terrible because my uncle was in & out of hospital & I had his house too .. - now I'm fine .. just tired - many thanks for your concern.

Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Gio .. in fact it's quite easy .. I just explain it & other timeline facts and she understands those things and remembers what she was doing (with some prompting) .. but Granny & Grandpa and other people are in her background 'waiting' for her - which is good to know.

Many thanks - Hilary